Provide enhanced fire protection and public safety services that will avoid loss of life and property through fire prevention, emergency preparedness and intervention.
Metchosin Fire Department is a direct provider of emergency and non-emergency services to the following customers:
- The citizens of the District Municipality of Metchosin.
- The businesses and their customers located within Metchosin.
- Persons attending and working in Metchosin.
- Mutual aid partners: Sooke, Otter Point, East Sooke, Langford & Colwood Fire Departments, RCMP and British Columbia Ambulance Service.
The Metchosin Fire Department provides fire and rescue services to the citizens of Metchosin through five distinct service areas:
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Prevention & Inspections
- Fire & Life Safety Education
- Rescue / Auto Extrication
- Medical / First Responder