CAMPFIRES ARE NOW OPEN.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and adherence to the regulations. Conditional permits may be issued for special events – please contact the Metchosin Fire Department for details.
- No larger than 2’ in diameter
- Campfires must be in a designated fire pit or approved commercial appliance
- No permit required
- Must not burn garbage
- May only burn clean dry wood
- Must be 20 feet away from any structure
- Must be 20 feet away from trees, fence or shrubs
- Must have a hose or tool to control the fire
- Must be fully extinguished by midnight
Please note – small ‘open burns’ do not qualify as campfires. Campfires are for the specific purpose of cooking hot dogs / marshmallows.